Friday, March 4, 2011

Belated post about really nice review on HTMLGIANT

Sean Lovelace wrote a really fun-to-read and nice review of our chapbook. You can read it here.
Here is how he ends it:

I don’t know why I was green-eyed when I first saw this book, but I am now full of hot red pepper flakes and cold brass tokens and bonfires and ice-box pie and casserole left out and soapand goats and herons and malt liquor and FUCK YOU YOLK! and crumble equations and stars andblackberry bramble and cherry stems and spookles and I would sure like to share a Guinness with these women of the Washtenaw County Women’s Poetry Collective and Casserole Society. They would drink that Guinness, drink it well, and they would spin all kinds of stories, I can just tell. They are pretty amazing. These poems the same. They seem a way of living, or of trying to live:

I will dance until my legs don’t remember

how to make the non-dancing shape.

Well. Amen.

I hope it was fun to write, Sean!

No comments:

Post a Comment